Frequently Asked Questions

Browse through our comprehensive list of FAQs to find answers to your queries about Bright Futures. From application process to benefits, we've got you covered.
What does a Provider do?

Our providers provide Respite or Caregiver Family Supports Services. This is a social emotional program where the provider helps the child with their goals through different modalities. We love onboarding providers with unique skill sets and backgrounds so that you can be matched to cases where your interests can be used to help the child with their goals!

What types of children will I work with?

The program we staff is for children with mental health struggles or who are medically fragile. They need extra help and support to help them thrive.

What times would I be working?

This program is designed to provide support for children outside of school hours. We have cases available on weekends or during the afternoon/evening. When you apply, you tell us what your hours of availability are.

Where are the cases? Where do I meet the child?

We are helping children across the Five Towns, Brooklyn, Queens and beyond. You work with the child one on one at their house or in the community (i.e. a nearby park or library).

Can services be provided remotely?

No, all services must be provided in person.

What do you pay?

$25/hr for providers with a HS diploma
$50/hr for providers with a BA and 2 years experience working with children

I am a parent and have someone who helps me with my children already. Can they be a provider for my child?

We are always happy for you to use providers that you already have a relationship with. Please let us know and we can onboard them as your child’s service provider. They will need to be cleared, fingerprinted and receive training. Please note, blood relatives may not be providers.

My child gets services through their school. Will they lose these services?

No, our services are different from Board of Education services. We do not provide OT, PT, Speech, SEIT, SI, Counseling or SETSS services. Our providers give home and community based services which are different. If you receive our services you will not lose your school-based services. Our team will need a copy of your child’s IEP or 504 plan to have on file.